Launch of the CELCAA Sector Vision on “How to achieve sustainable agri-food trade”?
15th November 2023, 4.00 pm – 6.00 pm, Thon Hotel EU, Rue de la Loi 75, 1040 Brussels,
Presently, European agri-food traders operate in an environment of continuous uncertainty. Climate change and geopolitical conflicts have shifted areas of agricultural and agri-food production and trade, modes of transport, and processing, with severe impacts on food and nutrition availability, affordability, and security.
Given these challenging circumstances, agri-food traders agree that the triangle of environment, nutrition, and food security needs fresh perspectives to create enabling and innovative conditions to secure a more sustainable business environment. Therefore, we are inviting you to discuss with us new perspectives for an essential sector!
“A day in the life of an agri-food trader” with CELCAA President Marcel van der Vliet, Van Drie Group
Keynote speech: Lessons learned from the 4-year Green Deal and its impact on agri-food trade: with Michael Hager, Head of Cabinet of Commissioner Valdis Dombrovskis, DG Trade
7 things to think about after the elections in 2024: Agri-food traders’ recommendations ahead of European elections:
- “How to achieve sustainable agri-food trade”: About the thought process together with CELCAA Secretary General Nelli Hajdu
- Agri-food trade policy in the spotlight: essentials for the next legislative period, together with:
- Dr. Ignacio Sanchez Recarte, Secretary General, CEEV
- Iliana Axiotiades, Secretary General, COCERAL
- Marcel van der Vliet, President, CELCAA/Eucolait
- Hélène Simonin, Sustainability and Food Policy Director, UECBV
Panel discussion: How to achieve sustainable agri-food trade?
- Dr. Chantal Line Carpentier, Head, Trade, Environment, Climate Change, and Sustainable Development Branch of UNCTAD’s Division on International Trade and Commodities
- Luis Carazo Jimenez, Acting Director, International, DG Agriculture and Rural Development
- Ted Swinkels, Managing Director, CEFETRA/President Coceral,
- Lászlo Druskóczi, Head of Trade, Permanent Representation of Hungary
Moderator: Julia Dahm, Agri-Food Journalist, Euractive
Followed by a networking cocktail.
You can register here